Here are the results of an investigation about MoreThanTraffic.com requested by a consumer who applied for our pre-buying protection plan. Our investigation suggests that KeyDigital.co.uk is certainly not a safe place where to make business and shows how sophisticated scammers work. If you were interested to apply for our pre-buying protection plan, you can do so visiting our Consumer Protection Plans page.
Back to MoreThanTraffic.com, here is the report resulting from our investigation.
Merchant Website: morethantraffic.com
Investigation Result: NOT SAFE TO BUY
Weak points: They state the false on their website; no office at Harrow; automated telephone contact; no money back guarantee if they don't deliver what
you pay for; connected to two other known scams; use of false names and bogus numbers in domain registration; they accept only form of payments which are not reversable, in case of a dispute; almost
impossible to take them to court, except if over a police investigation and conviction.
Scam is an attempt to intentionally mislead a person or persons (known as the "mark") usually with the goal of financial or other gain. We believe that there is enough, below, to call MoreThanTraffic.com a scam.
1. The domain name MoreThanTraffic.com was registered using bogus telephone numbers: althought this is the case for many many domain names, on the Net, a reputable company or sole trader are supposed to post correct information about their business.
2. Mail is received via a series of mail drops: this shows the intent to hide the real location and identity of the business. Every business using mail drops and not disclosing their real location and identity shall be considered a risk-scoring business.
In the specific case of MoreThanTraffic.com the mail dropping is considerably suspicious:
Their official address is
which is a mail drop. From there, mail seems to be redirected to
221-225, Station Road,
Sister website businesstailor.net has its official address at
Kent, TN23 1QG
Kingston Upon Thames
also a mail drop at Mail Boxes etc.
Surrey, KT1 1DN
3. They are connected to two other scams. Monopolizer.net and Juice Boosted. Same bank account, same e-mail headers and the name Simon Baxter appears in all three scams - however he supposedly used the name Simon Stepsys AKA Simon Baxter in the Monopolizer scam.
Here is an extract from an email sent by Monopolizer admins in 2005:
The MoreThanTraffic bank account data, as stated at their website, is exactly the same, except for the
bank account holder name which is MoreThanTraffic; however, banks do not really care about the
holder's name, when it is about receiving money: a bank account is identified by its number and iban code
and you can receive money using any names you want.
Here is the bank details for payment.
For a USD conversion table please see:
Paying by bank transfer will speed up the set-up process of your account
as we start as soon as the transfer is received.
Please note you must instruct your bank to pay all transfer charges at
your side and also add £10GBP to the amount being transfered to pay for
our bank costs. Sorry about that.
Please select the correct instructions to suit the country you are
transferring funds from. I.e. Your home country:
TRANSFER FROM UK CLIENTS ONLY - See below for other countries
Please transfer to:
Bank Account Name: Red Hot Digital [tv.]
Company Address: 77 Beak Street, London. W1F 9DB
Domestic Bank Account Number: 02906449
Sort Code: 72-00-00
Name of Bank: Alliance and Leicester Commercial Bank PLC.
Bootle, Merseyside, GIR 0AA
BIC Code / SWIFT CODE: GIRBGB22
Bank Account Number for European Transfers / IBAN: GB27GIRB72000002906449
1. Please ensure to instruct your bank to pay all transfer charges.
2. Only transfer GBP Sterling.
3. Add £10GBP/$17USD to any transfer to pay for our bank charges.
4. Use YOUR customer number from your proposal as the reference when
sending the transfer so we can see where and who it's from.
4. To date not one person has reported receiving their traffic as promised, forget about the 100,000USD in 4 months time.
5. Those who dared to complain have received threats either of legal action or more personal threats. The threats of legal action have been posted on several forums, but no further action has been taken to our knowledge.
6. Recently MoreThanTraffic has been sending out e-mails expressing the urgency of signing up for even more packages at a special rate and it is believed that they are doing this because they are about to disapparate.
7. They show on their website the PayPal and several Credit Cards logos, but they do not accept and they are not entitled to accept money via such payment systems. A formal complaint has been filed at PayPal.com. An investigation is currently ongoing.
8. There is no MTT office at
as we have sent one of our representitives to check. In fact there is only a mailbox, there, as stated above: never give your money to a business using a mailbox and not disclosing their real identity and location. There is a good reason for using a mail drop service and not disclosing your real identity and location: not being tracked and found if you run with the money.
221-225, Station Road
9. On their contact page at their website they state that you can contact them calling
0870 26 26 633
When you call this number there is an automated message inviting you to visit their
website; at their website they suggest you to call the 0870 number. No reputable company would use such a business practice with their clients.
10. We have contacted several of their affiliates and none of them has ever been paid: this also
clearly shows that their testimonials on their website are false.
11. Many accounts with them have been frozen and money not been paid, apparently with no plausible reasons.
12. The service they claim they can provide is simply not existing: if you knew how to
generate 100k per website, per each 4 month period, would you NEED to sell packages?
Or, would you be smart and just make money off the advertising on your own sites?
Think about it. Potentially, having 100,000 clients they should generate 100k x 100k = 10 billions dollars in 4 months, with an automated system, without efforts, with no work: that matches the quarterly revenue of Microsoft Corporation and it is 4 times the net income of Microsoft Corporation.
13. Their terms and conditions page states that if they fail to provide the traffic and money
promised, they will simply continue to advertise your website. This is a common trick
used by scammers for protecting themselves from charge back requests: they actually
say that they will not deliver what promised an that you accept that they will never do.
Be aware that, being this well written in their terms and conditions, the local authorities CANNOT initiate any investigation based on your eventual complaints. The only chance you have to protect yourself from being scammed is not to join MoreThanTraffic.com: it may sound funny, but this is exactly what MoreThanTraffic.com say to you in their terms and conditions...
14. If they can generate enough automated traffic to let you earn 100k in 4 months why do they use google adwords to advertise MoreThanTraffic?
Google Adwords costs money any time you click on an ad. It is rather curious that a company promoting and selling a such successful and astonishing automated traffic/sales generator system has to spend money for advertising and promoting the system itself.
Suggested Actions to Take Before Ordering: DO NOT ORDER
Update: Apparently, a few people have "complained" that at point #13 of this report we would be inviting people scammed by
MoreThanTraffic not to file any complaints to the local authorities: point #13 is a simple consideration based on facts,
and not a suggested action to take or not to take; we have personally talked to an officer of the crime squad at Harrow
police station and we have been told exactly what is reported at point #13.
This does not mean that it is useless to report MoreThanTraffic.com to the local authorities, but simply that, being
stated on their Tos that you could lose your money, it is hard for the local authorities to initiate an investigation
simply based on the loss of money that might result from joining MoreThanTraffic.com. This said, point #13 is a simple
suggestion for avoiding future scams: when you see such terms and conditions, don't join, because joining you declare
to know that you might lose your money and that the service provider cannot be hold responsible for that:
this makes it more difficult for the local authorities to intervene and bring the scammers identity to the surface.
is was clear enough, from our report, that we do not support MoreThanTraffic.com, but if it was not, we make it clear
now: we do not support MoreThanTraffic.com, it is our desire to make you aware that MoreThanTraffic.com is a scam,
MoreThanTraffic.com is on our merchants blacklist, we warmly invite you not to join MoreThanTraffic.com, and you are
more than welcome to file a complaint to the local authorities against MoreThanTraffic.com. If you decided to do so,
we suggest you to do it not anonymously and to the Harrow police station - crimedesk, Sgt. Paul +44 (0)20 8733 3441.